Sunday, March 20, 2011

The Moon Directs Us to the Creator

At my creativity blog, I created a photo essay about last night's moon. It is when I'm out in nature that I find it easiest to put my doubts about the existence of God aside. What a marvelous moon! What an incredible planet!

Yes, I'm one of those people, like the Deists of old (I'm in good company--many of our United States founding fathers and mothers were Deists); the existence of a creation seems to prove to me the existence of a Creator. I'm certain that I can't comprehend the scope of our Creator, but every aspect of the natural world tells me that God exists.

Yes, those aspects give me certain contradicting information. But so far, I can live in the contradictions.

Happy Spring! May this season remind you of the commitment of creation, and our Creator, to resurrection.

No comments: