Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Limbering Up These Blogging Muscles

Here I am, back from my summer vacation and thinking about yokes of all kind (still with Sunday's Gospel, even as it's time to turn my face towards next Sunday's).  It's time to get back to my regular schedule, which includes work and exercise and meetings and at some point, I should grocery shop.  And do some laundry.  Sigh. 

At least my work and exercise and other duties shouldn't be too onerous.  And I've created some happy memories to sustain me through the drudgery bits.

For the past several years, we've met my sister, brother-in-law, and nephew at their boat in Maryland to sail the Chesapeake on their boat.  It's a special time, and I feel amazingly lucky that it continues to be special, year after year.  I love being in a different natural environment.  I love the glimpse of a different life that time on a sailboat gives one.  I love spending time with my nephew, who is five, and sees the world differently than just about anyone I know.  It's been years, decades even, since I've spent time with a child that young.  It's wonderful to see the world through his eyes.  I'm sure I'll write more on that in the days to come.

But now it's time to lace up my running shoes and greet the sunrise.  I've already prayed the morning office (another yoke I need to take up again).  Let me burn some calories and drink in some beauty before I turn my attention to my day of many meetings.

No comments: