Monday, August 8, 2011

Voices from the Beyond

My spouse is now on the Board of Trustees for a group of Lutheran camps, including my beloved Lutheridge, and this past week-end was his first meeting.  He came back with the latest book by Henri Nouwen.

Yes, Henri Nouwen who has been dead for almost 20 years.  But he gave a lecture, which someone taped, and now the tape has been transcribed.  And so now we get a new book to read:  A Spirituality of Fundraising

I had a similar moment last week when I opened a big box from my parents.  I thought I had all my earliest writings, but apparently I didn't, because the box contained some more (go here to read more about that experience).  I was intrigued by how often I wrote about God as a child.  And I was overjoyed by my childhood view of God:  a caring, loving force.  At some point, I'll share a poem I wrote long ago.

I wonder if some day I'll look back on this blog the same way, as a voice from beyond.  I think I'll be happy with what I find here.  It's hard to believe that I'll take such a different spiritual turn that my views here will seem alien.   

No comments: