Friday, September 20, 2013

Off to a Woman's Retreat

Today at noon, I'll go to the church parking lot.  We'll get in a van and we'll head to a woman's retreat at Luther Springs.

I know how stereotypical it sounds.  I can already see how this event would be skewered, if we were characters on The Simpsons.

Happily, we live in the real world.  It's been a hectic week, and a very busy summer, so I'm ready for a change of scenery!  I'm ready for a retreat that allows us to slow down and recharge.  I'm ready to get back to nature, a different kind of nature than the kind I experience down here. 

I'm looking forward to travelling with these women.  They've gone on retreat before and invited me, but it's never been a week-end where I could do it.  And now, I can!

I've worked with these women before on a variety of projects, most notably Vacation Bible School.  I've always enjoyed their company.  I look forward to getting to know them better.

The retreat is being led by a female pastor from Jacksonville.  I wish I could say I'd gotten to know her better when I was at Synod Assembly, but I have not.  I saw a short film clip about what her church is doing, and that's what convinced me that she'd be an interesting person to get to know.  And now, I have a chance!

I've packed my camera and a notebook.  I'm looking forward to having time to capture some moments this way.

And when I return, we'll have moved into a new season; the autumnal equinox is Sunday.  I'm ready for a new season.  It's been a good summer, but a hectic one.  I'm ready for a change.

No comments: