Monday, March 24, 2014

Waiting for Our Attention

As I walked around Mepkin Abbey, I was struck by how many items were hidden in plain view.  Like this chair, just sitting in the middle of high grass:




Or this cottage,




which is really a pottery studio, I realized, as I got close enough to see the wheel on the porch.



I looked through the window and saw all sorts of pottery creations.




What is hiding in plain sight, just waiting for our discovery?  What chairs wait in the high grasses of our minds.  What pottery creations (a symbol for other creations) lie just beyond the window sill, just waiting for us to push the window just a bit to see that they're there?

And once we see that they're there, can we clear some time out of our schedule to bring them out of hiding? 

No comments: