Friday, January 9, 2015

Amazing Baptism Affirmations

This week, many of us throughout the Christian world will be celebrating the baptism of Christ.  It's a good time to remember our own baptisms.  It's a good time to remember the words of God at the baptism of Jesus: "Thou art my beloved Son; with thee I am well pleased."

Note that God says this at the beginning of Christ's ministry, before Jesus has actually done much. Here's the best news of all: God feels the same way about each and every one of us.

Here we are a week into the new year.  I don't make resolutions, but I do have goals.  So far, I'm not doing as well as I'd hoped.

This morning, I needed to read this post that I wrote for the Living Lutheran site.  I needed to be reminded that God loves me, even before I've made any self-improvements.

My post ends this way:  "God loves you; you are God’s child, and you please God as only you can. Remind yourself of this good news proclaimed at your baptism. Proclaim it yourself at every opportunity."'

Let my life be such a proclamation!

No comments: