Monday, November 23, 2015

Report: Quilting for Refugees

Yesterday at church, we quilted for several hours.  People came and went and came back, and we got 2 quilt tops knotted to 2 quilt backs.  We started one and finished it during the morning, and we finished knotting the one that we started back in September.  I also sewed together 2 quilt backs for later quilts.



I tend to forget how much we get done when we do these events.  At the last event in September, we got much of a quilt top finished and about half of a quilt top knotted to a back.

But there are still so many quilts that we could make.  And on Saturday in the grocery store, I saw a woman from the church I used to attend.  She keeps track of me via blogs and Facebook, and she offered the quilting material that she can no longer use. 



Of course I will take it.  But I do wonder how we will ever get these quilts made.



The answer:  day by day, hour by hour.  At the end of the year, there will be more quilts going to refugees than there would have been if we did nothing.

No comments: